Saturday, March 3, 2012

Sketches

One of the best things about reviewing portfolios is the chance it gives you to see new work and of course meet artists. Usually it is like a cattle call and nerves can be on edge. For me, I find it hard to do 20 minutes of reviews , and then let go.

Which leads me to remind all photographer that don't have them to create a website dedicated for their art. When I reviewed at Serenbe last week it was one of the top things I asked ,where can I see more ? Without at least a functional website,the answer becomes mute.There was an artist at Serenbe named Mark Caceres who bought 20 images taken in Brazil that I was intrigued by,but after going to his website I had to ask if I could use this photo called Changing of the Guard. It seem the perfect image to use as a bridge between my last and my next posting.

I love music, many an early morning or late night has been spent with me wearing headphones and screaming my head off to a variety of music that have words and emotion .I have often thought I could drown in the way music made me feel. Some people open the bible or a self-help book .I turn to my stereo.I love music, I can not sing but then again I can. Music is like breathing some can make art of it. Music defines so many of our remembered moments.T hat is why I am sharing this link to a blog by one of my favorite poster who I met last year at LOOK3, John Edwin Mason , I totally admire his writing and I get it.

http://johnedwinmason.typepad.com/john_edwin_mason_photogra/2012/03/funky-friday-
monkees.html

The other image attached to this post they is by Odilon-Redon a nineteenth century french artist who created many beautiful and fantastical images, remembered from my youth and they have stayed with me for a very long time .

No comments:

Post a Comment