Wednesday, October 21, 2015

SLOWEXPOSURES 2015 JURIED EXHIBITION :THE FINAL ESPISOD


In The End It Is All Personal

SLOWEXPOSURES 2015

LOOKING AT 2 PICTURES


Jerry Atnip and I stater with almost 900 jpegs of photographs,taken in the south by photographers from as far away as 
California and Massachusetts and all the southern states.Seventy were chosen a catalog was printed and hung.pictures received and hung.For four days the people of Pike County Georgia shared that hospitality with each other and people from around the country.I want to believe fun was had by all maybe a little enlightenment  I know there is no single image,no simple phrase that can truly describe the rural south,like there is no facile way to describe me. it is a feeling.


These four images gave me an emotional rush that maybe in easy in some ways to see why and in other not.Take a little time and look, I am in each one.


Old Soldiers Reunion Parade, Newton North Carolina   Aaron Canip,  Durham NC
Thirsty    William Bishop, Molena GA
Diner   Sean Dunn, Athens GA
Knights of Columbus Oyster Roast   Preston Gannaway, Oakland CA
                                       




2 comments: